Notes at seminars

Evans Kelly L 4klt5 at qlink.queensu.ca
Thu Jul 24 23:18:48 EST 1997

I have a question for those of you that just came back from courses and
conferences. I have noticed that several people make notes at such events
and I was just wondering why? Do you refer to your notes later? What
things are you noting?

I can understand if the course is in something you plan to use or if the
topic is right in your field (perhaps from a competitor?), but most of the
seminars I have been to don't fall into this category, yet people are
scribbling furiously.

Just curious, and always looking for pointers to make me a better
scientist,
Kelly.