Notes at seminars

Karen Allendoerfer ravena at cco.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 25 18:00:40 EST 1997

In article <taguebw-2507970809590001 at taguebw.winston.wfu.edu>,
 <taguebw at wfu.edu> wrote:
>In article <5r99f8$8ft at knot.queensu.ca>, 4klt5 at qlink.queensu.ca (Evans
>Kelly L) wrote:
>
>> I have a question for those of you that just came back from courses and
>> conferences. I have noticed that several people make notes at such events
>> and I was just wondering why? Do you refer to your notes later? What
>> things are you noting?

In labs I have been in, there is often a "meeting debriefing" where those
who have been to the meeting fill in those who haven't been.  It's really
hard (for me, at least) to explain a talk that I heard last week to a
naive audience, without notes.

I also agree with Brian, that note-taking has value in helping one pay
attention and retain more of the information.

Karen