SPAM

Cassandra Smith clsmith at DARWIN.BU.EDU
Wed Jul 30 12:02:20 EST 1997

fyi...at the moment all the biosci groups are going to moderation through
people not machines

   Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:25:55 -0500
   From: taguebw at wfu.edu

   In article <199707301529.LAA09106 at hinshelwood.bu.edu>,
   clsmith at DARWIN.BU.EDU (Cassandra Smith) wrote:

   > If you look at the statistics womenbio is getting more that other
   > groups...I am willing to moderate but I also need other volunteer
   > moderators to back me up...I am in process of writing up what is
   > needed to vote on the issue of changing the group and will post
   > it shortly..
   > Cassandra

   According to a relatively recent post from the BIOSCI, all of the bionet.*
   hierarchy is going to be "anti-spammed". Not sure how this works but I'm
   guessing it happens at the machine rather than the human level (i.e, no
   need for a moderator for each group). I'm sure the message is in the
   BIOSCI archives if anyone is interested.

   Bottom line: It probably makes no sense to start changing this group until
   we see what how the changes in the whole hierarchy work.

   My 2 electrons

   Brian