Emotional Responses

Dr. Paula J. Schlax pjschlax at JHUVMS.HCF.JHU.EDU
Mon Jun 2 12:05:12 EST 1997

I've been following this thread with some interest- I was wondering how
much is known about the biochemical reasons that men and women
frequently respond differently to the same levels of frustration etc...
Is it "simply" differences in hormone levels? (If say, estrogen levels
are increased in violent men or women are they less likely to be
violent, or if testosterone levels are increased is violenct behavior
more likely?) I'm a chemist and quite ignorant of this type of
bio-psychological knowledge, but I am pretty interested in what people
know, guess or are testing......

Paula