bias in peer review?

Bob Phair rphair at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 4 17:17:58 EST 1997

As an addendum to this important thread, I would suggest that no review
system can be accountable if it is anonymous. My own opinion is that the
peer review system should be brought out into the bright light of signed
reviews, including primary and secondary reviewers of NIH and NSF grant
applications. This would improve the integrity of the process and make
it fairer for all applicants, women and men.
Robert D. Phair, Ph.D.  rphair at ix.netcom.com
BioInformatics Services  http://www.webcom.com/rphair
Partnering and Outsourcing for Computational Biology