Looking for advice on bio career

hmbst7 at vms.cis.pitt.edu hmbst7 at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Wed Jun 4 10:10:21 EST 1997

Hi. My mane is Heather Brockway.  I was advised to post here by a friend from
scr.research.  I'm a recent graduate from the University of Pittsburgh with a
BS in Biological Sciences.  I'm looking for advice on what to do now. I'm
considering grad school, I'm not sure I want to make that kind of committment
right now.  I extremely interested in genetics and/or botany. I would like to
try research to see if that path might be good for me.  Unfortunately,
the only lab experience I have is the course work I have done. I have been
told that being unskilled isn't uncommon.  I'm looking specifically for
advice on how to "break" into a research career. I have applied for several
positions within the University but it seems that I can't get in. Does anyone
have any suggestions.  Any advice will be sincerely appreciated!! Thanks in
advance!!!
Heather