Looking for advice on bio career

Karen Wheless kwheless at rockland.net
Thu Jun 5 19:37:30 EST 1997

> scr.research.  I'm a recent graduate from the University of Pittsburgh
> with a > BS in Biological Sciences.  I'm looking for advice on what to do
> now. I'm considering grad school, I'm not sure I want to make that kind
> of committment > right now.

You might also try to find a job in industry, as some kind of lab tech.
It may not be exactly what you're interested in, but it will give you
some experience, not only working in a lab, but also in talking to
people who do different kinds of jobs.  There are lots of environmental
and biotech firms that need people to do basic lab work.  (Emphasize
your experience in your lab classes, as well as your basic bio
knowledge.)  And if you do end up doing something you enjoy, and want to
go on to grad school, the company might pay for it.

--
Karen Wheless
kwheless at rockland.net