perps

muriel lederman mstorrie at vt.edu
Thu Jun 12 10:03:25 EST 1997

I will just re-iterate a comment I made on my cmpus. It was within the
context of a negligible penaly being imposed on a football player accused
of rape.

Why is it that a student can be expelled for plagarism but not for an
offense that put lives in danger?

I can come up with an answer - that "intellectual activity" is what defines
men in the academy and it is extremely precious.  Womens' lives, mental
health - - who cares?  If they're not tough enough, they shouldn't be
around.  Cynical? But then again, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean
they're not out to get you.

Muriel

Muriel Lederman           lederman at vt.edu     540.231.5702 (phone)
Department of Biology                         540.231.9307 (fax)
Coordinator, Biological Sciences
   Initiative
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg VA 24061-0406