bias in peer review

Constanze Bonifer bonifer at sun2.ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 13 01:35:57 EST 1997

matkisso at opal.tufts.edu wrote:
: On the bias note...

: Women are just as likely to rate women lower than men.

-snip
.
: *sigh*  We do it to ourselves, too.

: Peg.

Of course this is true.And that is the reason why girls do much better in
in schools with only girls. Because the teachers in the classrooms, male or
female would pay much more attention to the boys in mixed classes.
This bias dissappears when only girls are present.
And that is why I say: Judge women and men separately. I am sick and tired
of having to develop male attitudes and characteristics in order to
be able to make a career.
-

Constanze Bonifer
Institut fuer BiologieIII