perp's in our lab space

Monica Palacios mpalacio at emerald.tufts.edu
Mon Jun 16 18:05:36 EST 1997

aloisia t schmid wrote:

>       When I was in graduate school we had this guy who was a post-doc in
> one of the labs in my department.  And he was this total right-to-life
> crusader and used to say that he and his wife wanted 20 children or more,etc etc

As a friend of Alice's and a fellow grad school matie i must attest to this
individual's activities and say he was a fundie with a mission who was "in
your face" about an activity which he felt he had some say in (how he thinks
so lacking any sort of functional uterus is BEYOND me). Lets just say he was
judgemental and made it clear that women should not be given the choice to
reproductive determinism.

>      Anyway, this reason I bring this up, is that one night I caught him
> in the act of down-loading pictures of nude male children, and printing
> them out on the
> departmental printers.
>      Interestingly, I never told the authorities about this guy, but I
> told my friends, and the male graduate student response was that you
> should be discreet about this, because it was no big deal, whereas the
> women graduate students  were outraged at the act, at the hypocracy and at
> the male reaction amongst our peers.

I never heard about this but it would have been delicious to just sit down
next to him at 2 am and discuss the position that most fundies hold that such
material is a sin to possess and how this all jived with his other fundie
activities.

>       I don't know.  The big question I have to ask is just how seriously
> threatening is this behaviour?
>                   Alice

his pedophelia will resolve for him on the whole negativly if he acts on
it..but i personally worry more about his anti-choice activities which are
very much out in the open.

			MP