advise please

C.J. Fuller cjfuller at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 17 07:13:49 EST 1997

In article <33A5FD9E.182B at vt.edu>, Alishan <chrisp at vt.edu> wrote:

>Hi !
>I am currently a senior at  virginia tech with a major in biochemistry
>and was wondering if anyone has advise as to where to find research
>opportunities in this area or how to go about finding them
>carolyn

Carolyn-You can try the biochemistry labs at various medical schools.
Bowman Gray in Winston-Salem's not that far away.  You can also check out
UVa, UNC, Med College of Va, the med centers in DC...  Some of them may
have on-line job openings that you can check out.  There are also drug
companies and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences in
Research Triangle.  Industry may be the better place to start, because
funding for biomedical research hangs in the balance.

Good luck!

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller