Re-reclassification -- and then a miracle occurred!

Linnea Ista lkista at UNM.EDU
Wed Jun 18 13:29:15 EST 1997

Hi everyone!
I thought I would update you!

I went up to my mailbox to pick up my time sheets for my first week of
hourly employment. Much to my surprise there was a letter from HR. It
seems they reviewed my job and reassinged me *again*. I am now a Research
Scientist I and exempt again!

My boss was a little miffed, because it means about a $100 a month raise,
and there are fewer listed responsibilities (I did point out that they
were more ambiguous in the current job description than the previous one).
I shudder to think what happens when they start handing out the back pay
(retroactive to last July). He also was afraid that I would only follow my
job description to the letter (he should have been more worried about that
with the first reclassification).

I am still going to look for something else, because the psychological
environment in the lab is still not good.
Once again, thanks to everyone for their support!

Linnea