Reclassification

Linnea Ista lkista at UNM.EDU
Wed Jun 18 10:40:04 EST 1997

Hi everyone!

I want to thank everyone who responded both to the list and to me
privately. Your advice was helpful and the support encouraging.

I have decided to do the following:

1. Give my boss the overtime this week to get the grant report out.

2. Starting next week work my straight forty, unless there is some reason
that *I* want to work more.

3. Try and work out the reclassification. As many people rightly stated it
is not the money that is bothering me as much as the credit. If it works
out, fine, if it doesn't I am no worse off than I am now.

4. Look for another job. (So if anyone needs a microbiology tech with an
ABD education and a masters degree who is absolutely fascinated by the
amazing world of bacteria, let me know ;-) ).

As far as what is keeping me going, it is the project itself. I got a
*fabulous* result yesterday and it really raised my spirits! However,
having a plan to deal with the other crap makes it a little easier to deal
with.

Thank you all again so very much!
Linnea