sexism in Sweden revisited..

Linnea Ista lkista at UNM.EDU
Thu Jun 19 11:43:03 EST 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Kimberley Snowden wrote:

> After reading the sexism in peer review paper in Nature, and reading
> comments on this group and talking to other people, I was surprised
> how common it was for people to say "well that is Sweden, the US is
> much more progressive than that country".  I can understand not
> wanting to believe it could be as bad, but it seems a bit like an
> ostrich type of approach.
Perhaps *I* was misinterpretting, but I thought the comments were more
along the lines of "And that is in *Sweden* were they are more progressive
on social issues. If it is that bad there, it must be worse here!"
Perhaps I was not reading closely?

Linnea (who despite the name has no ties with Scandanavia what so ever).