scientific meetings with infant

DESTEFANO at MED-GENEPI.BU.EDU DESTEFANO at MED-GENEPI.BU.EDU
Fri Jun 20 12:36:18 EST 1997

Hi all,

I am planning to travel in the fall to a scientific meeting with my
three month old infant.  My mom has agreed to come with me and
watch the baby while I am attending meetings and (hopefully)
presenting my own work.  I would appreciate any advice from people
who have done similar trips.  Anything I can do or plan in advance to
get the most out of the meeting and make it easiest on all of us?  What
do you think about evenings?  Is it appropriate to go to dinner with other
researchers and invite mom and baby along (provided baby is having a well
behaved night) or should I forgo this type of interaction unless I leave
mom and baby behind or am meeting people I know very well (e.g. colleagues
from my own institution).

Anita

p.s. congratulations Sarah!