scientific meetings with infant

Julia Frugoli JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Tue Jun 24 18:55:02 EST 1997

(large snip)

 We >do
>not permit children in the auditorium for obvious reasons, but I would
>very
>much appreciate if you post this message to the user group to clarify
>our
>commitment to help scientists (and women scientists in particular) with
>young children in attending our meetings at Cold Spring Harbor.
>
>David J. Stewart, Ph.D.
>Director, Meetings & Courses
>Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
>1 Bungtown Road
>Cold Spring Harbor NY 11724

>  Leemor Joshua-Tor, Ph.D.
>  Assistant Investigator
>  Keck Structural Biology
>  Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory           Tel. (516) 367 8821
>  1 Bungtown Road                         Fax  (516) 367 8873
>  Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724           e-mail: leemor at cshl.org

Thank you Leemor and David for clarifying that.  The " Forbidden" came
off the web site in response to a course listing-someone was looking
into a course and read it to me as we had been discussing children and
meetings recently in the lab. I can understand not bringing families to
courses-I just realized when this person read it out loud that infants
were "families" and assumed. My apologies to Cold Spring Harbor for any
disservice my "not checking the facts" first may have done, and I am
glad to hear that arrangements for infants are possible.

Julia Frugoli
Dartmouth College

visiting grad student at
Texas A&M University