after the dissertation defense

Deb Britt Deborah_Britt at
Mon Mar 3 15:57:39 EST 1997

> Vanessa L. Artman wrote:
> >

> > 1.)  How does one prepare for general exams?  I'm much more nervous about
> > this situation, because the committee members can ask me, theoretically,
> > about anything.
Don't forget to consider your committee members' backgrounds.  Of course
you can plan on getting questions from each one's field of expertise, but
I remember getting a couple of questions from committee members based on
their earlier research, i.e. they asked me questions related to topics
they studied as postdocs or grad students.

Deb Britt

Deborah Britt, Ph.D.
Department of Medical Oncology
Rhode Island Hospital