after the dissertation defense

Deb Britt Deborah_Britt at brown.edu
Mon Mar 3 15:57:39 EST 1997

> Vanessa L. Artman wrote:
> >

> > 1.)  How does one prepare for general exams?  I'm much more nervous about
> > this situation, because the committee members can ask me, theoretically,
> > about anything.

Don't forget to consider your committee members' backgrounds.  Of course
you can plan on getting questions from each one's field of expertise, but
I remember getting a couple of questions from committee members based on
their earlier research, i.e. they asked me questions related to topics
they studied as postdocs or grad students.

Deb Britt

--
Deborah Britt, Ph.D.
Department of Medical Oncology