sexy science

esylander at NETMAIL.HSCBKLYN.EDU esylander at NETMAIL.HSCBKLYN.EDU
Thu Mar 13 07:00:38 EST 1997

      I think that it depends upon the exact circumstances, when using the word
"sexy". I only rarely use the word when referring to science, but I think of it
as fascinating, hot, cutting edge, and riveting, and in many ways this mimics
human attraction for the opposite sex.(or otherwise, pc)
          I can understand when you think it might be rather revolting, but I
guess it depends on who it comes from.
       Although my field is yeast genetics and microbiology, I think that much
of the work being done in physics right now is very "sexy". I would have become
a physicist, but the math makes my head hurt.
        Take it with a grain of NaCl and don't get offended.

Beth Sylander
SUNY Brooklyn.