Advice needed

Kylie.Shanahan at ffp.csiro.au Kylie.Shanahan at ffp.csiro.au
Tue Mar 25 23:26:20 EST 1997

In article <199703252222.RAA25805 at argus.acpub.duke.edu>,
   llp2 at ACPUB.DUKE.EDU (Laura Pyle) wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm fairly new to this newsgroup, but I've been impressed with the quality
>of responses that requests for advice have received in the past, so I
>thought this might be a good place to turn now that I need advice. My
>problem/question is rather lengthy and involved, so I apologize in advance,
>but I really need some OBJECTIVE advice.

<snipped>

Laura,  all I can suggest is that you lodge an official complaint about the
way he has handled this with as many bodies as you can.  It all sounds
disgraceful and he deserves to be brought back into line.  If there is a
postgraduate organisation at your uni, you can make enquiries as to whether
they are able to help you, or at least direct you to the appropriate places to
make a complaint.  One of the labs in the department where I did my Honours
year was banned from taking new students for 3 years due to the poor way they
treated their students, so it's worth making your feelings known.  If you
consider the research professor you mentioned a close enough confidante, maybe
you could discuss it with her.  No-one should have to put up with supervision
that is that bad.

Good luck!

Kylie.