Advice needed

Bob Phair rphair at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 31 21:21:15 EST 1997

In 10 years sitting on the MD/PhD admissions committee of a major
medical school, I encountered superb students from a huge range of
undergraduate programs from the most prestigious to the least well
known. I also encountered shallow, unprepared students from that same
array of undergrad programs.

If you look to your program for the solution, you are in effect saying
that you have no control over your own life. I suggest that you and your
peers take responsibility for your own lives. Find out what successful
med school applicants are doing and do it yourselves. Read an hour a day
about medicine and or science; you will soon be more knowledgeable than
the vast majority of applicants. You might even decide on a different
career.

Good luck!

Regards,
Bob

Robert D. Phair, Ph.D.  rphair at ix.netcom.com
BioInformatics Services  http://www.webcom.com/rphair
Partnering and Outsourcing for Computational Biology