HS Students and

Karen Allendoerfer ravena at cco.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 26 17:19:41 EST 1997

In article <l03102803b0a1e4c86cf5@[206.117.88.249]>,
Mary Ann Sesma <msesma at ZEUS.BELL.K12.CA.US> wrote:

> Congratulations on doing what you did.  The honors children and the AP
>kids are fairly consistent in both cheating and other undesirable
>behaviors.  (38 years of experience).  They have an over inflated concept
>of their self worth and ability.

I'm not surprised that honors high school students cheat, but I wonder
whether it's really due to an over-inflated sense of self-worth, or
actually an underdeveloped sense of self-worth and ability.  If they
really thought they had the ability to do the work, and were proud of
their own capabilities, why would they be cheating?

Karen