Nobel women

David Shivak shivakd at fhs.csu.McMaster.CA
Wed Oct 1 00:33:15 EST 1997

In article <v01510105b05694837056@[]>,
muriel lederman <mstorrie at> wrote:
>>Although I have never met him, I am told that the fellow who won the
>>Nobel Prize for PCR(Mullis?) (at a rather young age) just spends his
>>time surfing now ...
>And doping, and making passes at the teen-age niece/daughter of the King of
>Sweden when he accepted his prize! Muriel

The funniest interview with Mullis talked about his "art", which was (if I
recall correctly) female nudes with fractals projected on them.  He
said something to the effect that when he gave a talk, he liked to show
his art off as well.

His support of Duesbergs' HIV conspiracy theory makes it evident that
a Nobel is no guarantee of clear thinking (Shockley, anyone?).

David Shivak
David Shivak - email shivakd (at) *
Check out the web site Careers In (and Out) of Science @
Opinions expressed therein and from this address are my own (unless forged!)