service

C.J. Fuller cjfuller at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 2 12:43:22 EST 1997

Dana (and Rae)-

It depends on the university/college.  For example, service to the dept
and university/college, and to the profession, are universally accepted as
service.  At my institution (UNC-Greensboro), community service as a
representative of the university is becoming more important.  Our
chancellor (a woman who started off life as a biologist) has begun to
emphasize service to the local community and town-gown partnerships.  This
was not the case at the med school where I did my postdoc.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller
<mailto:cjfuller at erickson.uncg.edu>