meetings and perceptions

E. Wijsman wijsman at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 9 12:45:48 EST 1997

I will second Kirsten's comments here.  I spent a summer in Europe in
1975, and ran into exactly the same behavior, and not just in one place.
However, it was unique to Germany.  I spent time also in both Denmark and
the Netherlands on the same trip, and ran into no particular problems (so
I don't think it was just my age at the time). I was also totally shocked
at the behavior of the German males, which took me completely by surprise.
Like Kirsten, this behavior also made me realize that Germany was not
likely to be a country that I would be willing to live in.

Ellen M. Wijsman			Express mail address:
Research Professor			1914 N 34th St., suite 209
Div. of Medical Genetics and		Seattle, WA   98103
Dept. Biostatistics 			(Note:  do not mention the
BOX 357720, University of Washington 	 Univ. of Washington, and
Seattle, WA   98195-7720		 use this address only for
phone:  (206) 543-8987			 express mail)
fax:    (206) 616-1973			email:  wijsman at u.washington.edu