marriage and name-changing

Susan Laredo nospam at texas.net
Wed Sep 3 11:51:57 EST 1997

Haven't seen any debates about name-changing in quite a while.
I'm planning a (U.S.) wedding in the spring.  I always assumed that I
*wouldn't* change my last name, but now I'm giving at least a little
consideration.  One other idea that came up was to continue to use
my current name professionally and a married name socially.  While the
idea of two identities has some appeal, it seems like a paperwork
nightmare.
I also thought of using Firstname M. Lastname Newlastname because I
don't really want to be hyphenated.

Anyone care to comment on their experiences?

Susan