triage, money, teaching - what is important

S. Boomer sarai at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 4 14:52:06 EST 1997

Hi Hanna and others,
	Our grad. students have to teach two quarters during their second
year.  It used to be that they had to teach two quarters their first year
but it was decided that that was too much to deal with and the second year
was better.  Beyond the second year, students are not required to TA labs
- we are required to give two formal lectures in an upper division
undergrad. course.  Because a few PIs have been losing money, however, an
increasing number of students are needing to TA later in their grad.
careers - but, again, this is not required and has, historically, not
happened.

	Sarah