Giving Techs Credit

kathleen at mail.idt.net kathleen at mail.idt.net
Sun Sep 7 08:21:12 EST 1997

A recent thread made reference to (but didn't really deal
with) several aspects of technicians working in research
positions.  I'm interested in this on behalf of my sister
who is a nurse and worked for years on drug-company sponsored
research at a NY hospital.  An article on the research
was just published and she was not given credit in the
publication.  Do technicians normally get credit?  Are there
established procedures for correcting this?  Should she
write to the journal (J of Bone & Joint Surgery)?
I would appreciate any direction you can provide.

Kathleen Kelly
Newark, A City on the Rise