Giving Techs Credit

Cynthia M. Galloway c-galloway at TAIU.EDU
Mon Sep 8 18:43:58 EST 1997

>In article <873634077.31273 at dejanews.com>, kathleen at mail.idt.net says...
>>
>>A recent thread made reference to (but didn't really deal
>>with) several aspects of technicians working in research
>>positions.  I'm interested in this on behalf of my sister
>>who is a nurse and worked for years on drug-company sponsored
>>research at a NY hospital.  An article on the research
>>was just published and she was not given credit in the
>>publication.  Do technicians normally get credit?  Are there
>>established procedures for correcting this?  Should she
>>write to the journal (J of Bone & Joint Surgery)?
>>I would appreciate any direction you can provide.

When I worked in a USDA lab for the summer, I was told by the tech in the
lab that techs working for USDA could not be authors on papers.  Is this all
agency or just that office?

Cyndy
Dr. Cynthia M. Galloway
Assoc. Professor of Biology