triage, money, teaching - what is important

Cynthia M. Galloway c-galloway at TAIU.EDU
Tue Sep 9 08:10:31 EST 1997

>Out of curiosity, what if someone were independently wealthy and hired a
>staff of technicians to do their experiments for them?  Would this person
>still be able to earn a Ph.D. without doing the benchwork as long as they
>were planning and interpreting the experiments?
>
>Paul

Paul and the group,

A friend of mine has a son who did the field work for another student's Ph.D
and was paid quite well for his two years of field work.  I believe the
student did do the analysis of data but, he didn't collect the data.

Cyndy

Dr. Cynthia M. Galloway
Assoc. Professor of Biology
Dept. of Biology