Giving Techs Credit

Jennifer West jwest at rice.edu
Mon Sep 8 11:55:00 EST 1997

On th other hand, I worked in a lab where all techs were included as
authors if they worked on a project.  This is a nice idea, but there
were some instances where the tech had simply performed assays, had no
idea why or what the samples were.  These people could not have told
you what any of the projects were even about.  I think that the nature
of the technician's involvement should determine wether the tech is an
author, ackowledged, or just given a pay check.