new to group...what's the lingo?

Kellie_Bonnici kbonnici at ivory.trentu.ca
Sat Sep 13 00:21:59 EST 1997

Hey all,

This seems like a really interesting group - I'm happy to have happened upon
it! I'm pretty new to science, 2nd year of my undergrad degree in botany and
ecology...and I'm not even sure what to think of it all yet.

I'd like to say that I'm really impressed with the discussion going on about
the position of women in science. I don't know if I've seen such great feminist
discourse going on in cyberspace before!

Anyways, after reading through a few messages, I've noticed the acronym PI
a few times. What does it mean? I'm in Canada...perhaps its an American or
English thing...anyways, I'd love to know.

Thanks,

Kellie