Money Jobs and Magic Bullets

Dr. Paula J. Schlax pjschlax at JHUVMS.HCF.JHU.EDU
Tue Sep 23 08:51:07 EST 1997

For those of us searching for jobs (without 12 papers or a science
publication) some of the posts have been depressing. Most people I know
have gotten jobs if they have applied to a wide range of places
(geographically and in type of position). Most people I know didn't get
exactly the position they wanted, or they searched longer than they
expected to- (My field is biophysical Chemistry).  I think the magic
bullet analogy is  apt, and Susan's advice, as always, is appreciated.

My philosophy, as depressed/frustrated etc. as I get is- I cannot get a
job that I don't apply for.

-Paula