nobel prie winning women in science

Mr. W.Y. Chan wahchan at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 10:22:46 EST 1997

Galloway Cynthia M (kfcmg00 at TAMUK.EDU) wrote:
: Hi,

: I'm not sure who put me onto the Nobel Prize Women in Science but, I am
: using it in my Senior Seminar class.  Each student has a different
: chapter to report on and it is really going well.  They are really amazed
: how dedicated these women were and how they achieved so much with all the
: obstacles placed in their paths.  This is one seminar where the students
: don't wait until seminar day to read their chapter.  The class is made up
: of 5 men and 7 women.  Thanks again for the book suggestion.

: Cyndy

Please dont take this as a criticism, is it so important to fill your
cabinet with a trophy to show how great you are? The Nobel Peace Prize
to many people is nothing more than an empty gesture created and awarded
by beaurocrat in the West to individuals they can used for their
political advantages. It is true there are were obstacles women once had to face
when persuing a career in science but certainly in my life time there has
never been any objection or discrimination for men and women in the science
field.

	Wah
: --
: Dr. Cynthia M. Galloway