The Nobel Prize

Leemor Joshua-Tor leemor at CSHL.ORG
Tue Sep 30 14:28:28 EST 1997

>Like it or not Nobel prize winnners are considered by our society to be
>the creme de la creme of scientists. It is they to whom those making
>policy tend to turn when making decisions. Their publically aired views do
>make a difference and it is certainly within reason for those of us
>discussed in those views to be able to refute them.
>
>Linnea

Refute them all you want, but just don't say they didn't "deserve" the
Nobel prize, as someone here said, because of that.

  Leemor Joshua-Tor, Ph.D.
  Assistant Investigator
  Keck Structural Biology
  Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory           Tel. (516) 367 8821
  1 Bungtown Road                         Fax  (516) 367 8873
  Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724            e-mail: leemor at cshl.org