The Nobel Prize

Leemor Joshua-Tor leemor at CSHL.ORG
Tue Sep 30 14:28:28 EST 1997

>Like it or not Nobel prize winnners are considered by our society to be
>the creme de la creme of scientists. It is they to whom those making
>policy tend to turn when making decisions. Their publically aired views do
>make a difference and it is certainly within reason for those of us
>discussed in those views to be able to refute them.

Refute them all you want, but just don't say they didn't "deserve" the
Nobel prize, as someone here said, because of that.

  Leemor Joshua-Tor, Ph.D.
  Assistant Investigator
  Keck Structural Biology
  Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory           Tel. (516) 367 8821
  1 Bungtown Road                         Fax  (516) 367 8873
  Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724            e-mail: leemor at