women in biology

Elizabeth F. Smith FABRI at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Mon Dec 7 10:05:33 EST 1998

In article <365A44B4.9C04D1A9 at ucr.edu>, Karlos Santos-Coy
<santok02 at ucr.edu> wrote:
>If you could please send me info on overcoming discrimation
>obstacles from women in the biological sciences I would appreciate it.

Karlos,

Try checking out the Association for Women In Science publications at the
website: http://207.8.153.45/html/publications.html

Have you checked recent AAUW reports? (www.aauw.org)

Also take a look at:

"Sex, Schemas, and Success: What's Keeping Women Back?" by Virginia Valian
(Academe, Sept-Oct:50-55).

"Nepotism and Sexism in Peer Review," by Christine Wenneras and Agnes Wold
(Nature 387:341-343).

"Failing at Fairness: How our Schools Cheat Girls," by Myra and David
Sadker, Touchstone Press (Simon & Schuster) 1994.