Curve Ball-single gender education

Sabine Dippel S.Dippel at pfh.research.philips.com
Tue Jan 6 18:19:24 EST 1998

Hi, as you can see, I'm back (though I haven't figured out yet how
to include messages when accessing this group via the Web Interface)
Just a quick comment to Canan's posting on women in science in Turkey:

If I remember correctly, this special section in science someone else
wrote about also mentioned that there seems to be a correlation between
how much money you can make in science and the percentage of women.
In countries where it is (or at least used to be) a good career choice
(and still is, in many ways - wages in industry are pretty good in
Germany or in the US) there are very few women scientiest, while in
countries where it is badly paid (mainly university positions), there
were far more women, because the men would pursue better paying
professions.

Sabine