Take your Daughters to Work Day

Karen Lona Allendoerfer ravena at cco.caltech.edu
Sat Jan 31 17:27:00 EST 1998

        I don't have a daughter, but my local undergraduate alumni
association is sponsoring a "Take your daughters to work day" by matching
local teenagers with female alumnae.  I got a card asking if I wanted to
participate.

        It sounds like it could be a great idea, but like a lot of things
it would have to be done right.  Has anyone else taken a daughter or
daughter-for-a-day to work with them in lab?  What did you do with them for
a whole day?  How did they seem to react?  Do people think this is a good
way to get girls interested in science careers?

Karen