Point for discussion

sunny N stewart sunnyesq at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 7 11:42:45 EST 1998

In article <3571B001.6851753D at nospamsalk.edu>,
	S L Forsburg <forsburg at nospamsalk.edu> wrote:

>In my continuing efforts to get this group up and running
>again (and if you are having trouble posting, please contact
>the Biosci folks for help!), I put forth the following discussion
>question.  I hope will be sufficiently provokative and maybe
>even contentious so we get some traffic flowing:
>
>Do you think women have to be better than men to gain the
>same level of success in science?  Why or why not?
>

>--
>-susan
any environment except maybe birthing, women have to strive twice as much
to achieve a modicum of recognition.  I wouldn't limit it to just the
sciences.

I left the sciences because I found the road to success for me was patent
law.  I had to work very hard, twice as hard as many of my male
collegues, but I have achieved far more success in this than I would have
had I remained in the sciences.

Sunny Stewart
sunnyesq at ix.netcom.com