AWIS magazine call for papers

Chris Hitchcock hitchcoc at sfu.ca
Thu Oct 1 15:28:01 EST 1998

This was posted in the ecology newsgroup, but I thought people here
might be interested:

Comments: Gated by NETNEWS at AUVM.AMERICAN.EDU
Date: Wed Sep 23 07:49:32 PDT 1998
From: Melissa Booker <booker at AWIS.ORG>

September 23, 1998

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know about a unique publication opportunity with
the Association for Women in Science (AWIS).  As the new editor for AWIS
Magazine, I would like to invite you to submit manuscripts for
consideration in the issues that will be coming out in 1999.  Themes for
next year include:
    =B7 Science as Exploration:  Women scientists in the field
    =B7 Career vs. Home:  The professional and social decisions of       women
scientists
    =B7 Health Issues for Women
    =B7 Higher Education:  An institution in flux
In addition, general articles about women, science, and other related
issues will be published regularly.  I therefore encourage you to
contact me with your ideas, abstracts, and manuscripts.  Please also
feel free to write or call with your questions or for more information.
I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Susan L. Ganter
Editor, AWIS Magazine