Re. Questionnaire

S L Forsburg nospamforsburg at salk.edu
Thu Oct 15 08:39:31 EST 1998

Mary Ann Sesma (msesma at bell.k12.ca.us) writes

> >Because of our slow progress, we are asking individuals on the Women in
> >Bio list to assist us in making contact with earned doctorates from
> >these two universities in the years 1987-1991. We believe a contact from
> >an alumna might be more effective than our previous efforts. If you
> >received your graduate degree from either of the two programs, please let
> >us know if you would be willing to contact your former department on our
> >behalf. All we are asking from the departments is to provide us with a
> >list of names and last known contact information, so their involvement is
> >only a one-time administrative task. Alternatively, if you are an alumna
> >and yourself have a list of grads during the target years (even without
> >contact information--we will take what we can get), please let us know
> >if you would be willing to share this with us. The information will be
> >used only to send questionnaires to the graduates; their names will not be
> >placed on mailing lists or shared with any other groups. Tracing
> >classmates is not easy. If you can help, we greatly appreciate your
> >assistance and advice.

I'd like to endorse Mary Ann's request.  And,if you are in the
target cohort but did not go to UCSF or MIT, please also consider
responding with a list of classmates.  It's hard to draw conclusions
without data;  as scientists, we know that, and we also know that the
data must be as complete and objectively collected as possible.
Please help Mary Ann and the career survery cooperative gather the
data so that we have a better picture of where we are and where we are
going.  This is a ripe time for collection of these data and discussion
on this topic, and an opportunity as well for this virtual community
to come together.

I've added some related links on the women in biology launch page
(http://pingu.salk.edu/~forsburg/bio.html)

--
-susan
S L Forsburg, PhD  forsburg at salk.edu