Grad school questions

C. J. Fuller cjfuller at
Sun Aug 15 21:53:09 EST 1999

In article <37B1C11B.CE7A3781 at>, Paula <pschlax at> wrote:

>I have a student interested in applying to graduate programs that are
>focussed on "molecular medicine".  Programs that are related to human
>health and biochemical cures/ pharmacy (but she doesn't want to be a
>pharmacist.... )
>Any ideas? You can email her at kmassimi at or respond here......

Paula-What about nutrition?  Several people in my dept (including me) work
on the effects of nutrients and other food components (e.g., flavonoids)
on gene expression and immune function.  Most nutrition departments these
days have at least some faculty members with a more biochemical focus.
Tufts is probably the best grad nutrition program in New England.  If she
wants to move further away, she can check out Cornell, Penn State,
Illinois, Iowa State, Berkeley, Davis, or us (UNC-Greensboro).

C.J. Fuller
<mailto:cjfuller at>
<mailto:cjfuller at>