Women's relationships study needs participants

DVinograde dvinograde at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 17:18:58 EST 1999

A STUDY OF YOUR CLOSE RELATIONSHIPS

	I am a doctoral student in clinical psychology at Adelphi University. I am
conducting a study of women’s relationships, in particular those between women
and their spouses/partners, and between women and their best or closest women
friends. I am looking for women who are interested in participating in the
study.

	The purpose of the study is to learn how employed women feel about each of
these relationships and how these relationships contribute to their
psychological health and life satisfaction. The information I collect should
provide a picture of the unique contributions each of these relationships makes
in women’s lives.

	You are invited to participate if you are a heterosexual woman who:
1. is married or living with a partner, for at least 3 years;
2. is currently employed at least 25 hours per week, and who
3. has a close or best friend who is a woman, whom you have known for at least
1 year.

	If you choose to participate, you will complete a set of nine (9)
questionnaires, which will take a total of 30-60 minutes of your time, and mail
them to me in the stamped, addressed envelope provided. I think that you will
find some of the questions about your relationships interesting and
thought-provoking. When the research project is completed, I will be pleased to
send you a summary of the findings, if you desire.

	If you are interested in participating, please contact me at (212) 873-2046 or
by email, at dv521d93 at panther.adelphi.edu. Thank you for your time and your
interest!

Denise Sender Vinograde, MA.
Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies
Adelphi University
Garden City, NY 11530