You've been sent a Harvard Crimson Online article

Julia Frugoli jfrugoli at
Fri Mar 26 15:02:07 EST 1999

The following article, which appeared in the 3/23/99 issue of the Harvard
Crimson, has been sent to you from Julia Frugoli:

MIT Acknowledges Discrimination Against Women Faculty
Contributing Writer

In an unusually candid report released Friday, MIT acknowledged unintentional
discrimination against its female faculty members.
"I have always believed that contemporary gender discrimination within
universities is part reality and part perception,...but I now understand that
reality is by far the greater part of the balance," wrote MIT President Charles
M. Vest in his comments preceding the report....

For the rest of the story please visit The Harvard Crimson at:

Copyright 1999 The Harvard Crimson, Inc.