Maternity leave

hcorbett at socrates.berkeley.edu hcorbett at socrates.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 8 12:12:03 EST 1999

Sandra,

I am sure this information is available froma more reliable source, but
I understood that the major advance of the Family Leave Act was to
obtain those weeks of unpaid maternity leave and a guarantee that you
get your job back when you come back (or its equivalent). I also think
it only applies to companies of 50 or more mployees. This is why I am
having all my kids while I am in France adn there is a reasonable
social net for working mothers and mothers-to-be.

Etche