moderator:woops!

lisa vaillancourt vaillan at pop.uky.edu
Tue Oct 12 18:45:16 EST 1999

realize that the newsgroup is moderated by a machine, not a human
being.  My last post was not supposed to appear on the newsgroup, I
thought I was addressing it to a human moderator.  How embarrassing.
Thank you for the information.  Perhaps I will try my original question
again.  Does anyone know if any studies have been done of the relative
rejection rates of manuscripts by women versus men?  I have sometimes
wondered if this could account for some of the differences in
publishing rates between the two groups, and for the reports that
women's papers tend to be longer and more "complete".

Thanks!

Lisa Vaillancourt

</bigger></fontfamily>
Assistant Professor