<no subject>

Julia Frugoli jfrugoli at bio.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 27 11:03:43 EST 2000

Those of you in the Texas area (and even those of you who aren't!) might be
interested in the following conference.  I know it's topic has been a focus
of many discussions on this group in the past. Questions can be directed to
myself or nancy (see bottom of message).

Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) is pleased to announce our upcoming
8th annual professional and career development conference entitled "Finding
the Balance" on 19 February 2000 on the campus of Texas A&M University.
The conference will feature speakers from around the country from diverse
fields in academia, industry and government.  This year's theme centers on
helping women find a sense of balance in their chaotic professional and
personal lives.  The conference is preceded on Friday evening by a welcome
reception at the Faculty Club, featuring food, friendship, fun and music.

Information about the conference is as follows:

When: Saturday, 19 February 2000
Where: Memorial Student Center, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Time: 8:30 - 4:30

Keynote Speaker:  Dr. Karan Watson
Associate Dean of Engineering, Texas A&M University

Speakers:
Glenda Humiston, Undersecretary USDA
Kathryn Kaiser, DynaMedix Corporation
Geraldine Richmond, University of Oregon
Helene Dillard, Cornell University
Nancy Algert, The Center for Counseling and Conflict Resolution
Carol Dudley, Dow Chemical

Topics:
"Looking Backwards in Time"
"Balance: Do We Ever Really Have It?"
"Finding the Balance in an Ever Changing Workplace"
"Striving For a Healthy Equilibrium"
"Many Paths Can Reach A Goal"
"Everything I Learned About Being A Woman in Science"
"Working Strategically - Multitasking in a Chaotic Environment"

Corporate sponsors of this event will have representatives in attendance
and accepting resumes. Confirmed as of 25 January are DuPont and National
Institute of Standards and Technology. An updated list will be posted on
the website starting 1 February.

Information will also be posted on our website at
http://www-ocean.tamu.edu/~wise/conference00.html

Information about hotel accomodations can be found at
http://www.bryan-collegestation.org/accommodations.htm

Registration forms available!

Supported by:
Texas A&M University Colleges of Science, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering,
Agriculture & Life Sciences, and Geosciences, Office of the Vice President
for Research and Associate Provost for Graduate Studies

For more information about this event contact Nancy Magnussen 409-845-7363
or nancy at science.tamu.edu

Julia Frugoli
Department of Plant Pathology & Microbiology
Texas A&M University
Norman E.Borlaug Center for Southern Crop Improvement
2123 TAMUS
College Station, TX 77843
phone 409-862-3495
FAX 409-862-4790