Job postings on the group

Laurel F. Appel lappel at mail.wesleyan.edu
Fri Nov 3 12:30:29 EST 2000

Add my vote to the Keep The Relevant Job Listings side.

If the noise starts really drowning out the signal, we can always
reconsider later.

When my department listed our last two job searches in this group, I
considered it a statement, as well as a listing.  It was a statement
to women that we were actively interested in having them in the
department, AND a statement to our colleagues that we considered it
our job to look for all qualified candidates, and get the information
out in the best ways we could.  That meant advertising in the
"obvious" places, but in other places as well.

(Our Affirmative Action Office approved, too.)

PS to US citizens -- DON'T FORGET TO VOTE TUESDAY!

Laurel F. Appel
108 Hall-Atwater                lappel at wesleyan.edu,
Department of Biology           tel: 860-685-3258
Shanklin & Hall-Atwater Labs    fax: 860-685-2141
Wesleyan University		http://lappel.web.wesleyan.edu/
237 Church Street
Middletown, CT 06459

Faculty Advisor, Wesleyan Women in Science
http://www.wesleyan.edu/wis/
Programs Coordinator, Wesleyan Hughes Program in the Life Sciences,
http://www.wesleyan.edu/hughes

---