Notes and updates

SLF notmyaddress at
Sat Oct 14 13:37:33 EST 2000

> From: Julia Frugoli (jfrugol at CLEMSON.EDU)
> Date: Fri 13 Oct 2000 - 20:51:07 BST

> At 7:40 PM +0100 10/13/00, Paula Jean Schlax wrote:
> >Has the newsgroup died?
> >
> >Paula
> I've had contact from people who posted things and waited over a
> week, never to them on the group. If it's dead (or if this meassage
> doesn't show up on it) its time to contact the bionet people again.

It seems there is a substantial delay every  month, when the directory switches over .
Best to keep trying!  Better to have a few duplicate messages than a dead group.  Perhaps some kind soul at BIONET can advise on this persistent problem.

Meanwhile, here are some additions of interest from the Women In Biology Launch Page (URL below):

Science Magazine's NEXTWAVE site has an article about life on soft money

There is a group called theCollege and University Work/Family Association which is likely to have useful information (

The AWIS (Association of women In Science) website has undergone a major redesign--
check it out!  Their magazine has also been substantially enlarged and improved.

It's an anti-spam.  Use the one below.
S L Forsburg, PhD  Associate Professor
Molecular Biology and Virology Lab
The Salk Institute, La Jolla CA