Job ads

SLF notmyaddress at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 19 14:55:36 EST 2000

>     I would agree if the posts came from an institutional representative. If it
> is from an individual on the list, I believe that is what the old boys would
> refer to as "networking". Some of us are not subscribed to the other list,
> after all.

yes, but this is moot, as ALL these lists are easily available
(and searchable!) on the WWW.

I think that notes to the extent that "hey, check out the ad for
XXX on the jobs board",   or "we're hiring, go here for more info"
are fine and would encourage them;  but I think an increased stream of
formal postdoc or faculty etc ads here would have a negative impact on
  our  signal:noise ratio.

--
-susan
forsburg at salk.edu