Who reads this ng and why?

Karen Lee ktlee+ at pitt.edu
Fri Jan 26 02:40:13 EST 2001

I only started reading the group a couple of years ago. I keep reading
because I am the only woman in the tenure stream in my department. I am
interested in the experiences of other women in science and there aren't
too many people here to talk to about that. I went to a women's college
as an undergrad and there were lots of women in the lab where I did my
dissertation work, so I am very aware of being THE woman in my
department.

I don't post much, usually because my posts get delayed while they are
scrutinized. So they often show up when the discussion has run its
course. Of course, if I posted more often, there wouldn't be any
delay...

Karen